This is the first "buzz" single/leak from Lady Breezy's upcoming project, "A Girl and A Mic EP". It features a rapper named Cambow. The vibe of the song is real chill, and inspirational. If you like the song please download it and comment it. The artists appreciate it. Look forward to an interview with Lady Breezy in the coming weeks. & be on the lookout for her EP coming soon!
FOLLOW THEM ON TWITTER: TWITTER.COM/LADYBREEZY502 TWITTER.COM/KIDCAMBOW
1. What was your thought process with this project? For this project, I wanted it to be pretty much the opposite of my last mixtape(not to be confused with the LP and the EP I released between the two mixtapes). My last mixtape had quite an indie sound to it, and it was one big story for the most part. This one is shorter, and is mostly just a collection of songs. Instead of the indie sound it has a bit more of a mainstream/street influence.
2. How is this project different from your past projects? This project is different from my other projects because it has no REAL theme to it. I like themed projects. My first mixtape didn't have a theme it's by far my worst project. My first EP had no actual theme sound wise, but there is a theme of the songs all being cut from the final version of The Life of ComPL3xX(My 3rd Mixtape)
3. What was your direction for the artwork? For the artwork, I just wanted something that captured the title, Beats And A Bape. Major thanks to chrisdotrivera since he made the cover
4. What are your goals for this project? My goals for the project are just for it to be heard since I worked hard on it. I want to make sure this one gets more exposure than my others and so far it has.
5. What is your favorite song from the project and why? I honestly can't pick a favorite. Theres to many to chose from haha
6. What expectations do you have for the project? I expect for this project to create a bit of a buzz on the smaller blogs and to just help get my name out and hopefully to be heard by the right people.
7. Whats next for you? Collaborations and things that haven't been done before. I started work on a secret project that I'm not ready to speak on about 3 days before Beats And A Bape dropped and then the day of the release, someone I have a lot of respect for hit me up about doing a mixtape together.
8. Who would you like to work with? Whose your dream collaboration? Melvin Burch. That dude is dope. PropaYne is also a dope artist I'd like to work with. I'm not gonna name any bigger artists, the list would be kinda long lol but my dream collab would be me, XV, Charles Hamilton, and Lupe Fiasco
9. Do you want to stay independant? or sign with a major? I'd like to sign and if I had a choice it'd be with FnF.
10. What do you hope to accomplish with your music? I just hope to gain respect and touch the lives of others and teach/help people through my music.
11. Do you have a website or a twitter where the fans can hit you up? twitter.com/complexthemc and www.complexthemc.blogspot.com
12. Any last words? Beats And A Bape is the worst of 2010 and thats a good thing
Thanks for the interview Complex and everyone please download the project below: http://bit.ly/6gxkZ8
This is an interview with a young rapper named Young Jon Jon. He is from New York and his interview is below.
1. What was your thought process with this project? i was just trying to make the best music possible, and was very motivated and inspired by the movie "Ali"
2. How is this project different from your past projects? outside of the better sound quality, it had alot more original beats not like the last mixtape which was all instrumentals. other than that it wasnt so much different but it was better than my last
3. What was your direction for the artwork? i wanted something different than the usually mixtape covers you see so i hit up my boy Dread to fix me up something crazy and he did, in my eyes the punching bag represents life, the game, my haters & enemies and i just keep punching
4. What are your goals for this project? i really didnt have any specific goals for it but i wanted it to be way better than my last mixtape which i feel i accomplish at the same time im always like sky's the limit with anything I do
5. What is your favorite song from the project and why? it has to be "Teasin'" because of the whole vibe of it also it came from a situation that really happened in my life
6. What expectations do you have for the project? I expected it to be received well and the response from people meet them and flew passed them
7. Whats next for you? as far as putting out music im taking a little break because of school but im always writing, recording, creating and working on my next mixtape which will be called "The QUESTion" and will be dropping around may or june of this year
8. Who would you like to work with? Whose your dream collaboration? i dont really have a dream collabo but to name a few.......Jay-Z, Drake, Slum Village, Wale, KiD CuDi, Kanye, Asher Roth, Mickey Factz, Amanda Diva, Curren$y, Q-Tip, etc. cause theres way too many to name
9. Do you want to stay in dependant? or sign with a major? my goal is to stay indy but if a major came along with the right deal i'll def. take it
10. What do you hope to accomplish with your music? to inspire people the way i been inspired by music
11. Do you have a website or a twitter where the fans can hit you up? yes http://www.twitter.com/YoungJonJon i try to follow everyone back
12. Any last words? yes shoutout everyone who helped me with the mixtape Ladee 80, Staxxx, Murda Ace, Asia, Dread all my WaveGang fam. nick, nikki, jmel, ty, Jerle aka boss lady, shouts to Chris M., Shay, DJ Epidemik, all my people in BK/NYC, VA, UpState NY, a big F U to my haters & enemies, finally everyone who's not hip to me better get hipped to me before you get bumped out the way ya digg ya dugg good.
Please take a listen and download the project below. stream: http://bit.ly/8bMfNQ DL: http://www.mediafire.com/?dugz0tzd2tw
ATTENTION: all artists. bfearsmusic.blogspot.com is looking to interview & host independent projects! If you are an artist, please send your music to email@example.com and/or a tweet to @bfears on twitter! This is a new year and we are looking to improve the blog. We have big things in store! Join the team! First up, Lady Breezy interview coming soon!
Since I dont post on here often, I am deciding to do something new. I am going to post my Top 10 songs of the moment. Every Monday (#musicmonday)! I will also post albums I am listening to. Expect alot of Charles Hamilton. I think he shoudnt be considered because I listen to him so much lol. But without futher ado, he is the first edition of my "Top 10 Songs of The Moment"
"Top 10 Songs of The Moment"
10. Tupac- I Ain't Mad at Ya 9. Alica Keys- Doesn't Mean Anything 8. Jason Derulo- Whatcha Say 7. Freddie Gibbs- G.I. Pride 6. Chris Golden- Black America 5. Nipsey Hussle- Closer Than Close 4. Kasanova- KY State of Mind 3. Chris Brown- Crawl 2. Chris Brown- So Cold 1. Charles Hamilton- Air Agains
to get your song/mixtape/project posted or reviewed please email firstname.lastname@example.org please keep in mind I dont prefer to review non-original music. Thanks.
DOWNLOAD NOW! http://bln.kr/86P/ A GIRL AND A MIC COMING SOON!
About The Author
Bfears is a self proclaimed student of hip hop. She loves music & doesn't go a day without listening to it. Some of her favorite rappers are Charles Hamilton, Kanye West, The Game, & Chris Golden. To be featured on the blog or for any questions, please e-mail email@example.com. Thanks for reading! Please share with your friends.