Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chris Golden- Before I Wake


This is one of the most heartfelt emotional pieces of music I have ever heard. Literally. Chris Golden has a talent of making you feel like you have went through his struggle. He tells stories with his rhymes and he makes you feel him. Not very many people have the talent of doing this. He is one of the few. He opens up this masterpiece with "The Prayer." Its not actually a prayer, but he's asking people "Why they hate on Chris?" I love this song. The beat is banging. He is opening up to the listener and allowing them to feel his pain. Next up is "The Interview." The beat is slow, and throbbing. It makes you want to bop your head along. His lyrics are tough, he comes correct, spitting "like Craig Mack, I put that flavor in ya ear." Nice. Instead of a hook, he speaks on his thoughts about his lyrics. The only downside of this song is that he uses the word swag. "This Way" is a song about why he cant die, and the things he needs to do before he dies. The beat is hard hitting & the voice on chorus drives the point home. "Faces of America" is a deep song, talking about racism. A must listen. My favorite song would have to be "To My Daddy." I literally teared up listening to this song. If you have a non existent father, this song if for you. He talks about his father in a way that makes you feel his pain. The only song I didnt particularly enjoy was "Die Slow". It didnt suck, I just didnt like it. Bottom line if you enjoy real, deep, thought proking hip-hop, this is for you. Its a must download!





If you enjoyed this check out his other work:

No comments:

Post a Comment

web counter